Dell announced today a Cloud Services & Solutions Certification for PartnerDirect channel partners that will enable them to provide cloud services & solutions to customers based on both Dell technology and their own technology services.
Today, many organizations are living with complex, overgrown computing platforms that are underutilized, take up valuable data center floor space, consume large amounts of power and cooling resources, and are not easy to manage.
“Organizations, of all sizes, are looking to implement cloud computing solutions to align efficiency and deliver business results. We have created a certification practice area with choice and flexibility that will solidify partners’ value to the end customer. We invested the time and resources to fully understand the cloud solutions our partners need to provide in the market,” said Bob Skelley, executive director, Dell Global Certified Partner Program & Channel.
This new certification, available now in North America, in Europe 12 April and soon worldwide, is the result of many months of thoughtful collaboration with Dell’s partners and industry analysts to ensure it met the needs of many different types of cloud computing offerings, without over complication.
“Dell has continued to listen to us over the course of our partnership and the creation of this certification program. They took the time to understand our concerns as a global cloud provider and find a way to go to market together that strengthens both of our businesses and adds value to our customers,” said Dante Orsini, vice president business development, iland.
“Dell is also making it easy for partners to demonstrate their infrastructure-related skills by accepting their membership in channel programs of recognized vendors in technology areas of security, networking and virtualization,” said Anurag Agrawal, CEO, Techaisle.
Recent research by Dell Cloud Business Applications and Techaisle* showed that customers are looking for a trusted IT partner who has evaluated the right cloud applications for their businesses. Dell understands that sometimes that partner might be a value added reseller, and therefore has created this new certification.
“As a company that provides multiple cloud computing solutions, including Cloud Continuity, Replication, Secure Archive, and Backup, with Dell technology, we’re happy to see Dell recognizing that their channel partner needs vary. Dell has created multiple pillars to meet those needs that strategically align with our own cloud service offerings, enabling us to provide greater value to our customers and prospects alike,” said David Menendes, director of Business Development & Sales, Cloud and Hosted Services, VeriStor Systems, Inc.
The Cloud Services & Solutions Certification is comprised of three primary pillars in providing cloud services and solutions:
- Cloud Builder – The Partner that operates as a Cloud Builder will offer all the necessary services to design and develop a cloud infrastructure for their customers.
- Cloud Provider – A Cloud Provider will operate a cloud networking operating center (NOC) enabled with Dell technology to provide cloud services to their customers. These include: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Cloud Service Enabler – A Cloud Service Enabler acts as an aggregator or broker identifying, securing and integrating the appropriate set of cloud technologies and services from multiple sources and operates the resulting cloud for their customers through a set of managed services.
In addition to receiving Certified (Preferred or Premier) Partner level pricing and existing Preferred or Premier Partner benefits, partners who provide or wish to provide cloud services and solutions to their customers will receive additional benefits such as:
- Preferred access to Dell’s current and future cloud services and solution offers
- Attractive financing options to provide alternative acquisition options
- Participation in cloud-focused marketing campaigns and access to co-Marketing funds
- Partner-to-Partner Eco-System: Representation as a Certified Cloud Services & Solutions provider in the Find-A-Partner tool
- Engagement by Dell account teams for co-selling/joint opportunities through the Find-A-Partner tool
PartnerDirect Partner Portal
(Cloud certification training requirements, prerequisites and business
requirements information can be found here)
Direct2Dell blog posts related to PartnerDirect and Dell Channel
Flickr photos and videos related to PartnerDirect and Dell Channel
PartnerDirect on Twitter
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
*Research conducted by Techaisle on behalf of Dell based on a sample from Techaisle’s SMB cloud computing technology panel.